Wednesday, April 22, 2009

An inconvenienced one-handed MOM!

Some might consider themselves right handed or perhaps left handed. I, on the other hand (no pun intended) consider myself one-handed. I inevitably always seem to have something in one of my hands, whether it may be a cute little baby, a 2 yr. old 'ouch I bumped my head -need extra mama love' boy, or an odd item I'm lugging around trying to keep away from sticky fingers. None-the-less, it has occurred to me that I just have to be okay cooking with one hand. Well, you might say...no problem for an experienced mother...right???!!! Not so! The other night all was foiled!!! As my kitchen helper Dave grabs a new full bottle of olive oil and cracks open the lid, he kindly hands it to me. Its always nice to have that extra hand around. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that my favorite brand decided to switch to a flimsy plastic container. So, with Arianna in one arm and a collapsing bottle of E.V.O.O. in the other I was not looking so good. As the bottle gave way, olive oil overflowed all over me and my kitchen floor....and I mean ALL OVER! I've come to realize that oil is not so easy to clean up, slime city! I guess companies don't think about us one-handed moms, and how they can so easily handicap us! And if they thought it was just a funny joke...I'M NOT LAUGHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment